Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Job Title: Process Engineer
Job Purpose & Scope
The main purpose of the job as a Process Engineer is to pursue capacity and efficiency improvements together with cost reductions whilst providing leadership and technical expertise to the factory via effective contributions to the development and analyses of new processes and the continual improvement of current processes which contribute to effective and efficient production. This includes quality and environmental systems at the site thereby ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction is achieved. The Process Engineer is based out of the Factory in Grand Forks, BC.
Key Result Areas
- Ensures employees and contractors are familiar with, and working in accordance with, all health and safety requirements applicable in the area of responsibility, and working towards the continuous improvement of health and safety requirements.
- Responsible for machinery and equipment operation in a safe and reliable manner at all times.
- Process and equipment optimization with primary focus on equipment up-time and waste reduction including PKF improvements, delivering lower VPC levels, and improved plant efficiencies.
- Ensure that existing equipment operates at a minimum to budgeted performance figures.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in coordination with the maintenance department knowledge and agreement where necessary.
- In cooperation with Group Purchasing, ensure that all new auxiliaries are tested and documented in order to secure a smooth transition when new materials are introduced, i.e., Raw Materials, Binder, etc.
- Ensure security measures which protect Rockwool process and others are in place and followed.
- Prepare and implement developments (short & long term) for optimization and efficiency improvements which include but are not limited to, production, maintenance, warehousing, quality and raw materials.
- Provide support and advice on daily/weekly PKF performance or as requested by production.
- Participate and document testing and optimization of new and existing processes, products, raw materials, binders etc.
- Commitment to the values of the Rockwool Way: Honesty, Responsibility, Efficiency, Passion and Entrepreneurship.
Professional Skills & Personal Competencies
- 2 to 5 years’ Process Engineer experience, preferably in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with automated systems/chemical applications
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
- Process control experience within a continuous flow manufacturing plant.
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems.
- Desire to develop career to progress professionally with ROCKWOOL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Ability to communicate complex/ technical information to general employee population.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Recognize sense of urgency in communicating information to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team oriented.
- Helps others to be aware of their development strategies and goals.
- Able to gather relevant data and use the data to solve complicated problems.
- Ability to share information and best practices across business/functional areas.
If you recognize yourself in this opportunity, please apply, sending an English version of your resume.
ABOUT ROCKWOOL North America
At the ROCKWOOL Group, we are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise is perfectly suited to tackle many of today’s biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world’s needs, while supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint. Stone wool is a versatile material and forms the basis of all our businesses. With approx. 10,500 passionate colleagues in 38 countries, we are the world leader in stone wool solutions, from building insulation to acoustic ceilings, external cladding systems to horticultural solutions, engineered fibres for industrial use to insulation for the process industry and marine & offshore. We encourage you to join our team!