Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
ROCKWOOL are seeking an Environmental Technician to join the SHEQ team. This is a full time, 12 month fixed term contract based in the Pencoed, Bridgend.
This role is suitable for candidates at mid-entry level who have achieved a science based qualification.
This is the role:
- Sample and analyse emissions to water at the specified frequency
- Download and analyse emissions to air at the specified frequency
- Carry out factory inspections for environmental issues at the specified frequency
- Monitor Continuous Emission Monitor performance and take action to resolve issues identified
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Sample materials and conduct moisture analysis
- Take samples of raw materials and waste materials and pack for external analysis
- Sample and analyse cooling tower water at the specified frequency
- Download flow and rainfall data on a regular basis and maintain the associated spreadsheets
- Maintain spreadsheets containing results of analysis and report on trends
- Take energy meter readings and collate reports
- Investigate sources of environmental issues and act to resolve
- Issue daily, weekly, monthly environmental reports
This is what you offer:
- Degree in a science-based subject/significant experience within a similar role.
- Written and spoken English Language to a high professional level.
- Work experience within the environmental sector.
- Experience working within a permitted environment.
- The desire to develop one’s own career to progress their careers with ROCKWOOL.
This is what we offer:
- On-going training and development
- 30 days' annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Westfield Health Care
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us improving modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.