Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Job Purpose & Scope
The Operational Excellence Manager reports to the Technical Director RW-SA and is part of the MY Operations team.
This position has no direct reports and has dotted line reports from the ROCKWOOL Operational Excellence Coordinators in the MY factories.
- This position has overall responsibility in the planning, implementation and follow up of the ROCKWOOL Operational Excellence program (ROPEX) at the MY factories.
- This person, working closely the MY Operations Managers , will ensure the program, consistently and sustainably, achieves the desired Business results ( Productivity , cost savings, safety etc) through the transformation of factory work culture and practices based on the Group ROPEX continuous improvement model.. Once the implementation is complete, the Operational Excellence Manager will manage, set the agenda and targets for ROPEX at the MY factories from strategic planning to execution of kaizens and improvement initiatives to follow-up on implementation and results
- The position will be a participant of the ROCKWOOL GROUP international ROPEX community.
Key Result Areas
- Implementation of Lean and continuous improvement processes/tools in MY factories based on the ROPEX Model, with agreed and measurable business results (Safety , Quality , Cost Savings , productivity)
- To be an effective change agent,, working with the SA operations team in transforming the MY operations in making continuous improvement and lean culture as a ‘way of life’ thus ensuring robust and sustainable business results.
- Identifying knowledge, competence and organizational structure gaps, and together with the operations management team of SA ,to plan and execute actions to ensure the gap is bridged.
- Industrial Engineering or comparable education
- Profound understanding of the Lean toolbox and the Lean principles
- At least 5 years practical hands on experience from Lean Manufacturing implementations with proven success in results and cultural change
- Demonstrated strong change management competencies to drive challenging changes. Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- Solid working experience with systematic problem solving, preferable with Six Sigma knowledge/certificate
- Demonstrated good training, facilitation and coaching skills
- Good and strong communication skills in local language and in English and adapt to communication at all levels in a professional and vigorous manner
- Analytically strong with innate managerial skills, pragmatic and tenacious