Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
POSITION: HR Director - Executive Management Team
The ROCKWOOL Group’s main business area is building insulation, providing thermal comfort along with fire safety and acoustical comfort for all types of buildings.
This is the Role:
We are seeking a high energy, experienced HR Professional to join our team as an HR Director for the Senior Management Team of our insulation operating company in Milton, ON, reporting directly to the President of Rockwool North America. You will be an integral part of the Management Team (MT), responsible for the alignment of the strategic HR agenda to meet the business strategy of the Operating Company (OPCO). You will ensure the most efficient support for the OPCO MT in improvement of business performance through people engagement, succession and talent management, and change management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create HR Business Plan for OPCO, set and monitor HR goals, as well as, financial budget; align OPCO HR Plan with Regional HR lead and Country HR.
- Translate business strategy and organizational key figures into People agenda and HR deliverables, prepare and monitor long-term HR plans, goals and budget
- Drive Strategic Workforce Planning, as input for regional Recruitment and Learning & Development (L&D) efforts
- Drive Global HR agenda within the OPCO by ensuring compliance with Global HR processes, group policies and principles
- Act as a Change Agent in managing organizational change related to HR activities
- Performance Management: Advises, coaches and supports MT on performance management related activities; monitors the status of PM in OPCO, creates PM status reports and updates MT on progress.
- Succession Management (SM) & Talent Management (TM): Facilitates these processes; coaches the MT on TM, creates succession and high-potential pools in cooperation with MT, drives the follow-up activities of SM and TM processes in cooperation with Regional L&D and Country HR.
- Compensation & Benefits (C&B): Manages OPCO budget and coaches, supports and challenges MT on setting the correct level of remuneration in cooperation with Regional C&B specialist.
- Recruitment: responsible for advising the OPCO MT on recruitment strategies and assisting in the screening and interview processes for OPCO MT in cooperation with Regional Recruitment Specialist.
- Learning & Development (L&D): responsible for the identifying strategic direction of training needs in coordination with the Regional L&D specialist; set key learning priorities for the OPCO; drives workplace learning adoption and initiatives as well as Individual Development Plans for employees.
- People Engagement: Analyzes the results of the engagement survey and presents to MT, facilitates the discussion within MT on strategic engagement priorities and creates a follow-up action plan, coaches OPCO managers on driving the engagement.
- Analyzes OPCO business needs and suggests organizational design changes, challenges managers to employ a dynamic organization and comes up with innovative HR solutions and improvements to drive the business performance.
This is what you offer:
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in an HR leadership role, preferably in manufacturing
- 5+ years Strategic HR Business Partner experience
- Successful track record of driving strategic agenda
- Experience and knowledge of HR systems, Workday experience a plus
- Strong Business Acumen, Project and Change Management, Analytical, Problem-Solving, Negotiation, Presentation, Coaching and Influencing skills
- Team member with impact, ability to influence stakeholders without hierarchical power
- Proactive, analytical, future and result oriented
- CHRL and/or CHRE certification desired
- Travel: Approximately 25% travel (NA wide and overseas)
If you recognize yourself in this opportunity, please apply, sending an English version of your resume.
ABOUT ROCKWOOL North America
At the ROCKWOOL Group, we are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise is perfectly suited to tackle many of today’s biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world’s needs, while supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint. Stone wool is a versatile material and forms the basis of all our businesses. With approx. 10,500 passionate colleagues in 38 countries, we are the world leader in stone wool solutions, from building insulation to acoustic ceilings, external cladding systems to horticultural solutions, engineered fibres for industrial use to insulation for the process industry and marine & offshore. We encourage you to join our team!