Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
This is the role:
Tool & Die Maker - Support production and other departments by diagnosing, repairing, and creating tooling. More specifically this position will analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine centers, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, tools, jigs, fixtures, and gauges. Works directly for the Supervisor of Maintenance & Toolroom
This is what you offer:
- Diagnosing tooling issues on and off production machinery while working with others in the Toolroom, Production, and Engineering
- Tool repairs of common tool steel materials including: Tooling Troubleshooting, Tool assembly/disassembly, Tool Sharpening
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using fork trucks, hoists, other lifting devices, vises, vblocks, or angle plates.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating new tools, dies, or assemblies. Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications. Provide feedback when necessary.
- Use proper inspection and measuring techniques for precision parts. Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as callipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators. Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Setup and operate Grinders (surface/ID/OD), Mills, Lathes, Drill Presses, Parts Cleaning, Basic Ovens for Heat Treating, Band Saws, Jib Hoists. Also, use a variety of standard machinist hand tools as required.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine & hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tooling to ensure that parts meet specifications, adjusting as necessary.
- Must have good computer skills in a Microsoft environment
- The ability to learn EDM, CNC lathe, and CAD is required.
- Advanced Math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry
- Engaging in continuous improvement inside and outside the toolroom as applicable
- Maintain data records for tasks and tooling
- Help maintain a clean, organized, safe, and efficient workplace via standard industrial practices governed by company and government policies
- Must provide own hand tools including precision tools.
- Job requires standing much of the time and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have availability to work overtime when necessary.
- Desire & ability to learn/use new tools and techniques for production tooling
- Proficient in verbal/written English and the ability to communicate effectively
This is what we offer:
Excellent competitive benefits package including paid vacation, 401k, insurance, etc. Apply