Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
This is the role:
Support production and other departments by troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, upgrading, and building machinery as directed by preventative maintenance(PM) plans, work orders, and calls. Continuously improve methods, techniques, machinery, and other as needed to positively impact the organization. Works directly for the Maintenance and Toolroom Supervisor
This is what you offer:
- Execute work for PM’s, work orders, & calls in a timely manner with a high level of quality
- Troubleshoot & repair issues on and off production machinery
- Setup and operate Torches, Welders, Drill Presses, Parts Cleaning, Band Saws, Forklifts, Jib Hoists/Cranes, High Lifts, Rigging, and others as needed for maintenance. Also, use a variety of standard maintenance hand tools as required.
- Must be proficient in PLC’s, hydraulics, pneumatics, power transmission, and electrical supply and logic. This includes up to 480V systems. Also, must be able to learn new concepts related as they emerge.
- Layout, move, align, anchor, and grout machinery.
- Fabricate, fit, and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify machinery using machine tools and hand tools.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating & installing new machinery. Provide feedback when necessary.
- Conduct test runs with completed machinery to ensure meeting specifications, adjusting as necessary.
- Engage in continuous improvement and engineering projects inside and outside maintenance
- Execute procurement orders and receive as directed by supervisor
- Work with outside contractors as directed by supervisor
- Provide feedback on needed improvements in machinery, processes, tools (computer and otherwise), drawings, etc.
- Occasional facilities support as needed in HVAC, Mechanical, etc.
- Must have basic math skills including arithmetic, measurement, and layout.
- Maintain personal computer data records for tasks and machinery
- Help maintain a clean, safe and efficient workplace via standard industrial 5S and other practices governed by company and government policies. Also, participate in safety committees and activities as directed.
- Must provide own hand tools
- Job requires standing much of the time and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have availability to work overtime when necessary.
- Certificate as a Maintenance Technician or similar
- 3 Years total experience in maintenance & continuous improvement of machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively and completely independently for an entire shift
- Good Computer Skills in a MS Windows Environment
- Proficient in verbal/written English and the ability to communicate effectively
This is what we offer:
Excellent competitive benefits package including paid vacation, 401k, insurance, and more Apply