Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
This is who we are
ROCKWOOL Global Business Services Center (RGBS) in Poznań is a multi functional competence center of the ROCKWOOL Group (with the headquarters in Denmark), which provides financial, accounting, DIGITAL (IT), HR and Group Technology services for Group entities. The company offers opportunity to grow within one process, cross – processes (departments) as well as positions of expert in exact field (system, process or Clients). Our clients are spread around Europe so there are options to practice different language skills.
This is the role:
The SAP BI BW/HANA Senior Developer role has the following responsibilities in BI projects:
- Responsible for driving requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of BI applications
- Development of BI applications, either alone (smaller projects) or as lead developer (larger projects)
- Technical Project Management for BI projects
Key Result Areas
The SAP BI BW/HANA Senior Developer designs and develops technical BI solutions that fulfill specific business objectives and service level agreements, while balancing important concerns such as adherence to established practices and application landscape and alignment with target BI architecture and general enterprise IT strategy. The SAP BI BW/HANA Senior Developer is responsible for technical BI solution design and development of code that:
- Meets defined business requirements
- Complies with corporate BI architecture standards, design standards, security standards etc
- Is scalable and flexible to meet changing business needs
- Is high performing and provide fast response time for end users
- Is easily maintainable (minimize maintenance costs)
- Delivers stable operation with high availability
The SAP BI BW/HANA Senior Developer is furthermore expected to:
- Participate in the standardisation of development processes and methodologies in BI
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies cooperating with Developer Team and Product Owners.
- Work together with Solution Architect providing solutions
- Provide technical advisory for BI developers as well as code/solution review for code produced by other developers and external consultants
- Work as Technical Project Manager
- Be first point of contact for 3rd level escalation of incidents
SAP BI BW/HANA Senior Developer - main duties:
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders (business sponsors, IT leadership, subject matter experts, architects, project management, line management, etc.) in producing technical solutions and designs that meets enterprise requirements
- Participate actively in all Scrum ceremonies cooperating with Developer Team and Product Owners
- Involve in the creation of conceptual and logical specifications for all layers of a BI solution together with the BI Solution Architect and other BI Team members.
- Ensure consistent application of architectural standards and principals across all projects and among peers
- Perform technical project management, monitor development phases and conduct design/code reviews throughout the project life cycle to assure solution integrity
- Keep up to date with technology developments and use new opportunities to inspire the business to harvest the possible benefits of existing platform and new technologies
- Development of BI solutions
Technical Project Management
- Deliver high quality BI projects balancing business requirements, time and budget
- Ensure compliance with BI methodology and standards
- Document and feedback improvements identified during project executing
- Provide advisory and assistance to other BI developers
- Monitor and review solution components developed by other BI developers if requested or needed
3rd level support
- 3rd level support cases within area of expertise and to some extend 2nd level support as well
- Pre-test, analyse issues, recommend and/or implement code changes/ bug fixes
This is what you offer
- More than 8 years of experience in delivering business intelligence solutions
- At least 5 years of experience from a similar role
- Deep knowledge of BI solution design, Data Warehousing and Data Integration.
- At least 5 years of experience with SAP BW Data Modelling and SAP ETL including LIS data sources and ODP
- At least 3 years of experience with SAP BW BEx Query Design and Development
- At least 5 years of ABAP development experience
- Experience with a BW 7.x environment
- At least 3 years of experience with SAP BW on HANA/BW4HANA working on Hybrid and HANA native models
- Experience in data source enhancements and administration
- Experience with SLT, SDI or SDA
- Experience with BW AMDP transformation
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge in BW/HANA authorization concept
- Knowledge of SAP BO suite is a plus
- Service minded and strong business insight and process understanding
- Strong analytical skills, ability of abstract thinking and understanding of complex problems/challenges
- Ability to see through large amounts of information, extract what is relevant and keep the focus on a conceptual level (rather than details)
- Strong desire for creating success for business and business users, professional conduct and continuous improvement.
- Strong drive for performance
- Self-motivated, self-starter, driven and enthusiastic with a genuine professional passion
- Team player and able to coordinate with other team members in completing assigned tasks
- Highly adaptable, strong prioritization and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive and entrepreneurial in their approach
- Able to cooperate with people at all levels and across countries and cultures
- Possess excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, as well as good presentation and documentation skills
This is what we offer
By joining our team of 250+ employees, you become a part of the people centric work environment in a Danish company with comprehensive package of inter alia competitive salary, benefit & appreciation program, flexible working hours, team building events, activity based office in Poznan’s city center in the new prestigious office building - Maraton Business Center.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and challenge, we kindly invite you to apply with CV written in English (please click Apply button).