Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
This is who we are
ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center (RGBS) is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is providing financial, controlling and IT services. The center was established in Poznan in the second half of 2016. In 2017 we hired more than 100 employees to our key departments: accounting, controlling and IT. Our IT Department offers a lot of development opportunities in projects connected with different modules of SAP, mobile applications, MS Dynamics, Office 365 and other.
This is the role
The Competency Manager is leading ROCKWOOL Digital’s Business Intelligence & Analytics team. The Business Intelligence & Analytics team provides and shares the only one view of data across the organizations and provide tools for data driven decision-making. The Business Intelligence & Analytics team support management reporting and analysis and accelerates decision making by providing a foundation for insight, flexible reporting and analysis to support, extract and deliver decision makers, super users and end users more insightful business information quickly to make strategic business decisions, take bold actions and execute quickly.
ROCKWOOL has recently started a journey towards using more digitalisation, automation and better use of data. Hereunder, invested heavily in a new and modern greenfield BI platform based on SAP BW 7.5, Embedded BPC on HANA and BO 4.2 SP6 to:
- enable digitalization and performance of ROCKWOOL’s reporting and analysis, support self-service and prepare for advanced data analytics
- bring BI and analytics upwards on the analytics value curve and ahead of industry level
- deliver the high priority projects for Finance, Sales & Marketing, Logistics and Operation as per their roadmaps
A next step is, together with the Digital Innovation Department, to build up a Data & Analytics team consisting of a data science architect, data scientists and data engineers.
The Competency Manager is leading, managing and developing a high performing international and multicultural team and is responsible for managing BI and Analytics initiatives from:
- gathering business requirements in line with governance
- refining specifications for best practices and common processes
- designing, integrating and developing a sustainable group solution per the agreed enterprise architecture
- coordinating contractors and other competencies required
- testing and roll outs
- and supporting and ensuring continuous improvement to deliver agreed service levels and enable business benefits.
The Competency Manager will implement state of the art processes, develop competencies and promote right attitude to continuously increase delivered quality, output and value by:
- manage the BI project portfolio including change requests and small projects to deliver on promises
- plan/commit BI resources to projects
- manage BI budgets according to agreements
- manage agreements with external consultants
- establish and maintain relevant team standards including documentation
- ensure efficient and timely communication to BI stakeholders
- working agile to speed up time to market
- following best practices in service transition and operation
- creating a culture of software development excellence
- delivering solutions fit for purpose to bring business value
Role & Deliverables
- Continue the organisation build-up and development - including:
- Building competencies and identifying future competency needs
- Hiring external resources, and working with People Manager when hiring internal colleagues
- Setting expectation for competences and personality in recruitment
- Setting solution introduction plan
- Setting yearly SMART goals on job delivery and evaluation feedback
- Giving constructive feedback in employee performance, attitude, learning abilities, potential, opportunities and build related competence development plans with People Manager
- Assigning responsibilities and tasks to BI team employees as per their competencies
- Building trust and empowerment and ensuring delegation of authority, accountability, and responsibility for improving business processes
- Promoting team empowerment, knowledge sharing and collaboration in Project Delivery and Support
- Communicate with various business areas to gather and prioritize business requirements – hereunder continue building up and engaging SU communities, Business Process Owners and Product Owners
- Work with Digital Innovation, Project Managers and Service Managers, and assign BI experts on demand:
- POC and Service strategy on Digital Innovation request
- Project work packages on PM request
- Service transition and Operation tasks on SM request
- Provide expertise to map business processes and design solution, configure application or develop
- Deliver fit for purpose solutions, and standardize and deploy in a maintainable and scalable way
- Design, develop and implement Request for Changes, Small Projects, DevOps and work Agile/Scrum
- Own, deliver and operate service components, implement best practices to service according OLA
- Anchor ITIL best practices in day to day processes
This is what you offer
- Experience with SAP BW 7.5 on HANA and/or SAP BW4/HANA
- Strong leadership skills and 2+ years of experience leading, managing and developing a team of specialists delivering business intelligence solutions
- Managing performance, setting goals for team/individuals and provide mentoring and coaching
- Create a constructive work environment, value excellence and manage with trust and empowerment
- Excellent English communication skills and ability to proactively handle stakeholders and actively engaging them
- Customer oriented, service minded and eager to deliver the best possible customer experience
- Working in an international corporate culture
- Solid business understanding and motivated by working at the intersection of business and IT
- Project management experience, including delivering implementation projects for new solutions in complex environments with many involved parties (technical disciplines, IT, software vendors, outsourcing partners etc.)
- Proven track record in designing, developing and implementing SAP BI/BW/BO solutions through all phases (requirements gathering, data modelling, front-end design, development, testing, training, deployment and support)
Expected travel days: approx. 50 days a year to ROCKWOOL locations within Europe (maybe once a year to Asia and US).
This is what we offer
By joining our team of 250+ employees, you become a part of the people centric work environment in a Danish company with comprehensive package of inter alia competitive salary, benefit & appreciation program, flexible working hours, team building events, activity based office in Poznan’s city center in the new prestigious office building - Maraton Business Center.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and challenge, we kindly invite you to apply with CV written in English (please click Apply button). Apply