Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Rockfon offer stone wool acoustic solutions for ceilings and walls that are a fast and simple way to create beautiful, comfortable spaces.
Rockfon is a part of the ROCKWOOL Group and we specialise in providing customers with a complete ceiling system offer, combining acoustic stone wool ceiling panels with Chicago Metallic suspension grid systems and various accessories. Our noise absorbing ceiling and wall systems are a fast and simple way to create beautiful, comfortable spaces. Easy to install and durable, they protect people from noise and the spread of fire while making a constructive contribution toward a sustainable future.
Job Purpose & Scope
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for all marketing activities in the UK & Ireland. He/she is primarily responsible for analysing the market, for proposal and management of local marketing budgets & yearly marketing plans, in line with the central marketing plan and local country business plan (Marketing, technical, sales & finance) and for managing strategical marketing projects and communications. The Regional Marketing Manager has line responsibility for dedicated marketing employees in the area. The approval of the UKI Sales Director/ Group Marketing Director should be sought for any costs outside of the agreed marketing plan.
The actions of the Marketing Manager always contribute to the fulfillment of the local and global strategic and financial goals of the Rockfon Group.
The Regional Marketing Manager is part of the global Marketing Organisation and as such supports the definition, prioritisation and implementation of global marketing projects. The Regional Marketing manager shares and takes over marketing best practices and continuously contributes to the improvement of the global Marketing Organisation.
The Regional Marketing Manager is also part of the local Management Team and as such ensures that marketing actions are agreed with the UKI Sales Director and management team to ensure they are in line with the local objectives. The Regional Marketing Manager is expected to contribute with objective input to discussions and decisions within the local organisation.
Ability to position the Rockfon brand appropriately in the UK and Ireland market in line with the central Rockfon branding, enabling maximum commercial advantage from the Rockfon brand.
Key Result Areas
- Ambitious in achieving goals as agreed with local Sales Director and group marketing director
- Pro active attitude in working with local commercial sales and technical team, in the identification of market trends and creativity in responding to these trends with appropriate marketing actions
- Project management skills in implementation and ensuring of quality of local marketing and marketing communication actions
- Propose, establish & contribute to long term plans (marketing & finance) of the local business organisation and the right perception of Rockfon at relevant stakeholders.
- Understands the channel in which Rockfon operates and is able to set up specific customer channel programmes.
- Respect Rockfon goals and guidelines
- Able to manage, motivate and develop employees.
Key Responsibilities & Job Content
- Prepare, seek approval and implement the local marketing plan
- Ensure quality of the local marketing organisation and process
- Identify market trends, market shares and competitive playground, ensure information to the relevant stakeholders and act upon changing market conditions
- Ensure that marketing spending does not exceed the agreed marketing budget
- Respect the overall goals and guidelines of Rockfon and check compliance with Rockfon's standards in all actions
- Support the central communication team on trademark regulation and maintenance
- Meet regularly with key players in our industry and stay up-to-date of the market situation by market studies, visiting conventions and tradeshows and contact within local sales organisation
- Measure customer satisfaction through customer surveys
- Steer product portfolio from UK and Ireland market point of view
- Prepare for planning sessions
- Brief marketing communication coordinator, sales team and third parties on marketing (communication) projects.
- Handle and build up press relations, follow up on lobbying opportunities with market influencers
- Share best practices within the Rockfon organisation and participate actively in Rockfon EA marketing meetings and projects
- Define different channel and marketing concepts for different target groups
Areas of Activity
- Continuously perform desktop research on market and competition. Identify best market information sources (Internet, market research agencies) and acquire relevant reports.
- Continuously meet with key players in our industry (distributors, installers, architects, industry organisations, etc.) as well as internally (sales, business development, technical) to identify market trends.
- Measure customer satisfaction through customer surveys.
- Visit all relevant exhibitions and seminars.
- Suggest and perform ad hoc market studies for the the local Sales Director or Group Marketing Director.
- Proactively inform the marketing organisation and all relevant decision makers of identified market trends.
- Competitor monitoring including product development, marketing and company news.
Planning & Control
- Support local Sales Director and Group Marketing Director during the Planning Sessions.
- Prepare yearly local marketing plan and budget in line with the long term plan of the Marketing organisation and the local Sales Director.
- Continuously check marketing project status against project plan.
- Take corrective actions in case of negative deviations.
- In cooperation with the local Financial Controller, continuously monitor spending against marketing budget and report on a monthly basis.
- Use market information to feed Rockfon's idea list.
- Analyse market and sales potential of top development ideas.
- Support Business Development during the execution of the R&D project.
- Coordinate product launch campaigns with Business Development.
Marketing Communication (as line management of marketing communications)
- For each marketing communication project create a project and follow up plan. For campaigns align plan with the Sales function, for product launch also coordinate with the Business Development function in line with marketing communications personnel.
- Acquire, provide a proper briefing, manage and challenge marketing communication resources (agencies, freelance, Central Marketing Communications team).
- Gain coverage in local trade and business press as appropriate in line with marketing communications personnel
- Manage marketing communications to assure availability and update of promotional material (brochures, samples, installation guides, datasheets).
- Work with Marketing communications to organise trade exhibitions and attendance.
- Manage marketing communications to regularly update local website with latest news, product updates.
- Organise promotions and campaigns making use of direct mail, email as appropriate to local market in conjunction with marketing communications.
- Participate in or lead global Marketing projects outside boundaries of the Regional marketing managers area.
- Ensure proper usage and handling of common tools (photography database, reporting formats, etc.).
- Share best practices on marketing communication actions, processes as well as relevant market information with other Regional marketing managers/ AMMs.
- Pro-actively contribute to improve organisation, processes and to reduce costs of the marketing function.
- Participate in all relevant meetings of the marketing organisation.
This is what you offer:
- Marketing/business related degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing of construction materials and/or business-to-business
- High level of independence, planning and organising own work effectively
- Gives clear direction to others what is expected
- Creatively seeking for new or different ways of carrying out the role in a conservative market
- Result oriented team player
- Actively works with customers to identify needs and come up with new, fresh and suitable proposals
- Independently build relationships and networks use to realise his/her goals
- Curious to find relevant information from different sources
- Able to work on a cross-functional level in international organisation
- Affiliated with digital marketing strategies and channel marketing
- Must have desire & ability to quickly react to new opportunities and market trends and come up with new innovative ideas and proactively implement in a timely fashion
- Independently makes proposals in respect of the vision and strategy of their part of the organisation
This is what we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent company benefits such as 30 days annual leave and pension
- Great working environment
- Company Car
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Follow the link below to join us improving modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide. Apply