Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Do you have the ambition to help create the future of horticultural growing? We’re offering a great opportunity for a Cultivation Specialist who will work with our market leading Grodan team, our customers and our partners to grow and further develop our business.
The more you know, the better you grow
Grodan believes in bringing the most innovative solutions to market. By making it possible to grow on stone wool, Grodan played a foundational role in sustainable horticulture. Throughout our 50 year history we’ve worked continuously to advance this way of growing and our innovations have since enabled our customers to grow in the most efficient and sustainable way possible. We do this by helping our customers reduce the use of valuable resources like water, space and nutrients and at the same time achieve better yields and quality. You will be part of the Grodan Research & Development department (10 professionals) in Roermond and report to the R&D Director.
As cultivation specialist with a background in plant science & greenhouse horticulture, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Help realize Grodan’s vision for the future of cultivation; develop the products and competitive edge for Grodan towards 2021 and beyond;
• Participate in R&D projects, with a focus on defining and executing cultivation initiatives such as cultivation trials;
• Work with internal and external partners in area of expertise including academic institutes, commercial research organizations, industrial partners as well as Grodan’s customers;
• Disseminate insights and know-how within the project as well as to the rest of the Grodan organization through thorough analysis and reporting; can facilitate trainings;
• Provide support to other departments within Grodan, either ad-hoc or in projects.
• Bachelor or Master degree agriculture or plant science with a specialization in greenhouse horticulture (or having achieved sufficient experience with greenhouse horticultural systems);
• Experience working in projects and according to project methodologies is a pre, ability to lead project sub-teams focused on area of expertise;
• Hands-on, innovative and curious mindset;
• Strong oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English;
• Ability to build and utilize your network in your area of expertise;
• Sensitive towards new trends and innovations in the horticulture industry;
• You will be working at research centers in Westland and Limburg, you will be working in Roermond at least 1 day a week.
As a Cultivation specialist you play a central role within Grodan by applying your expertise to the discovery of new ideas and their further development into new products and services. You contribute directly to our competitive advantage and help define the future of cultivation for Grodan.
Best of both worlds!
Being part of the successful ROCKWOOL Group, we are a relatively small, hence international and dynamic company active in 70 countries. We offer you a challenging role within a professional and ambitious company with high quality innovative products, systems and services. There is plenty of room for entrepreneurship and the communication lines are short. We are proud of our friendly culture where teamwork and a down to earth attitude are common. In addition to a competitive salary and good benefits, Grodan/ROCKWOOL also offers ample opportunities to work on your personal development.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and challenge, we kindly invite you to apply, using the button below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our recruiter Dave Coppen via email@example.com or +3161562 0130.