Turning stone into remarkable products
Transforming natural resources into high-quality stone wool products puts you at the center of what makes ROCKWOOL successful in its industry. In our technologically-advanced production environment, you work closely with skilled colleagues who all strive to improve and optimize our manufacturing processes. You are offered the opportunity to work in an organization which cares about its employees and has a people-driven culture.
Job Purpose & Scope
The Grid Setup Operator is responsible for setting up, troubleshooting, and operating highly custom automated equipment that entails rollforming machines, stamping dies, automated packaging equipment and assembly machines in the Grid Department. This position is responsible for setting up, troubleshooting and generating continuous improvement ideas to maximize the quality, output and efficiency of our grid manufacturing processes, while minimizing downtime and scrap. Together with Engineering, Maintenance and Tool Room, this position will be tasked with the responsibility to identify and resolve complex production issues and improvement opportunities. This position will have all of the knowledge and know-how to successfully train operators and helpers on the efficient operation of the equipment. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining all tools/fixtures inline with our 5S expectations. They will be responsible for performing operator level autonomous maintenance and participate in our preventative maintenance program.
Key Result Areas
- Perform setups efficiently, minimizing scrap, downtime, and quality issues.
- Document setup procedures clearly to facilitate future training and standardization.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues to identify and correct the root cause of the problem.
- Execute plans to continuously improve the grid department as measured by the increase in linear foot per hour.
- Maintain work cells to uphold and improve our 5S standards.
Key Responsibilities & Job Content
- Setup and operate all Grid Rollforming and Assembly machines
- Standardize setup procedures and processes including documentation
- Develop basic setup ability on clip presses
- Develop setup ability on highly automated equipment
- Flexibility to work on multiple machines in the Grid department as needed.
- Operate safely and maintain 5S standards in the plant.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems to identify and correct the root cause
Professional Skills & Personal Behaviours (competencies)
Professional Skills – Essential
Professional Skills – Desirable
- 5-10 years of experience working in manufacturing work environment utilizing automation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and successfully execute tasks in accordance with business objectives.
- Previous experience operating and setting up roll formers and automated metal forming equipment and stamping dies.
- Certification in PLC programming
- Knowledge of servo motor operation
- Deep understanding of punching die and Rollforming tooling
- Experience with flying cut-off process
- Knowledge of hydraulic equipment
- Knowledge of automated packaging equipment
- Comfortable working with electrical/optical components and sensors
Opportunities available in both 1st and 2nd shift Apply