Students and schools of architecture from across the world are invited to take part in this year’s Student Charrette at the World Architecture Festival, Amsterdam, which takes place from 4 to 6 December. Get a chance to get on stage at the World Architecture Festival's Galla diner.
How does the charrette work?
- We invite teams of students to enter their outline submissions in response to the brief (details below)
- After looking at all the submissions, the WAF curators will select six teams and notify them at the end of August
- Selected teams will be able to send up to six students and two tutors to the Festival, taking place from the 4-6th December in Amsterdam. There will be no delegate charge for your teams (you will have to pay for your own accommodation and travel)
- The night before the Festival opens, teams will be given an additional requirement for their programme, which they will have to incorporate into the final design
- Teams will have space and working materials at the Festival to undertake design work
- Presentations and judging will take place on the final morning of the Festival (Friday 6th December)
- The winning team will be invited to receive their trophy at the Gala Awards dinner on the evening of 6th December
- All teams will be given a certificate of participation as a finalist in the Charrette event