Highlights first quarter 2018
- Sales in Q1 2018 reached EUR 603 million, a growth of 17 percent in local currencies including acquisitions, which contributed three percentage points. The negative currency impact was four percentage points.
- EBIT in Q1 2018 increased 53 percent to EUR 70 million, with an 11.6 percent EBIT margin, up three percentage points from last year
- Investments reached EUR 48 million, up EUR 13 million compared to last year, primarily due to ongoing expansions in Poland and the United States.
- Annualised return on invested capital reached 18.6 percent compared to 15.5 percent last year, driven by higher operational earnings.
- In addition, ROCKWOOL publishes its 2017 Sustainability Report.
- Growth in net sales is expected to reach 7-10 percent in local currencies, including around two percent from the acquisition of Flumroc. With lower comparables, we expect higher growth rates in the first half of the year.
- EBIT margin is expected to reach around 13 percent (as announced on 30 April 2018).
- Investment level excluding acquisitions is expected to be around EUR 260 million from previously EUR 230 million, mainly related to investment in the UK to increase capacity.